New Resident Information

  • City water and sewer service accounts are set up at the City Hall.  Stop in or call 715-561-4715.  Water and sewer service are billed quarterly, with payments mailed to or collected at the City Hall or paid online.  Office hours: 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
  • Xcel Energy provides gas and electric service:  Residential 1-800-895-4999; Business 1-800-481-4700; 24-hour Emergency: Electric 1-800-895-1999; Gas 1-800-895-2999.
  • Spectrum is the cable television service provider, internet, & phone services: 1-866-926-6497
  • Century Link is the other local telephone &internet service provider:  Residential 1-800-201-4099; Business 1-800-201-4102; Repair Service 1-800-824-2877.
  • Diggers Hotline: 1-800-242-8511.  Call three (3) working days before you dig.
  • Waste Management of Ashland, WI (888-960-0008) handles residential garbage collection in the city.  Garbage must be placed in the designated Waste Management garbage bins which can be requested in the City Clerk's Office. Garbage pickup is every Thursday and garbage bins must be put out on the curb by 6:00 a.m. that day.

Property Taxes

  • The City of Hurley sends out the annual property tax bills once a year, in mid-December. Payments on tax bills are collected at City Hall from December through July. The city offers three payment installments which are due as follows: A minimum of 25% of the total amount due must be paid by January 31; another 25% is due by April 30; and the other 50% is due by July 31.  If any installment is not made by the due date, the remaining amount of the tax bill will be considered delinquent, and interest at the rate of 1% per month will be charged on all subsequent payments.